ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Copy a bunch of cd/dvd

<< < (4/6) > >>

tomos:
Nuri, tell us what's on all those discs so we can tell you what to use to copy them. If it's all stuff like pictures, music and stuff you've burned on them yourself you won't have any troubles.

If it's store-bought games, music, movies, etc. you're going to need something more than just ImgBurn.
-Innuendo (September 25, 2009, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Stuff I burned myself, nearly all of my stuff from my first burner till present year.
I want to throw out the discs and use only harddrive for keeping my stuff.
-Nuri (September 25, 2009, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

you'll need a backup though :)

f0dder:
A harddrive is probably more reliable than optical media - especially if you only connect it when you need to use it (and if that isn't every day, incurring too much spin-up/spin-down wear&tear). If the data is important to you, I'd personally keep backups on a second drive as well - but I'm paranoid :)

Hirudin:
I've basically abandoned discs everywhere possible, one of the best decisions I've made. Good luck with your backups!

MilesAhead:
Wish I had ESata port.  I got one of those USB docking stations and it's very convenient.  Kinda' slow with USB 2.0 though.  Fine for doing backups and getting files off the main HD.  It reads just fast enough I can do a 16x DVD burn from it if I have to.

Seems like on prebuilt systems they mix the features up with no rhyme or reason other than to get everything you want you have to buy at least 2 machines.  Hmm, maybe that's the rhyme?

Innuendo:
Wish I had ESata port.  I got one of those USB docking stations and it's very convenient.  Kinda' slow with USB 2.0 though.  Fine for doing backups and getting files off the main HD.  It reads just fast enough I can do a 16x DVD burn from it if I have to.-MilesAhead (September 26, 2009, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

The future is network attached storage. External enclosures that connect to your network providing ready file access to your files without having to have power-hungry PCs hosting teh files. Once you get out of the bargain basement product category you can get pretty speedy units that can do more than just host your files (provide media servers, bittorrent clients, etc.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version