ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Pricelessware Scam (Alt.Comp.Freeware)

<< < (8/9) > >>

Bloss:
Now run along and scam again another day.
-Bloss (September 26, 2009, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
This kind of remark (and others of yours) represent a discourtesy that is unwelcome here. If you cannot make a rational point without invective then it reflects poorly on you. I suspect that I might not be alone in this feeling, and ask you to think twice before making your responses in future. Alas, 'think before you type' never has been my own strong point, but it is a guiding principle that is worth bearing in mind.
-cranioscopical (September 26, 2009, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

One opinion, not the opinion of the Moderator which in the end all is the only one that counts here.

jgpaiva:
Bloss:
DC is not a dictatorship. The spirit of DC implies that it's not only the moderator's opinion that counts here.

Please lets not enter the "offense/counter-offense" field (as the discussions on this matter generally do) and try to reach an interesting discussion, or this thread will quickly end up closed.

app103:
If all of this is true, don't you think it would be more productive to contact the FBI or the BSA or some other official type of organization that can actually do something to put a stop to it?

If they are in fact selling illegal software, then that would be a crime and you should be reporting it...not posting on forums just to badmouth ACF, and then arguing with the members of the community that you just invaded, in order to do it.

I would also contact the developers of the software they are distributing, illegally.

Since this is primarily a donationware site, I don't think it would be likely that one of our applications would fall into the category of being able to be pirated in the way you describe, so posting here is not an attempt to contact a particular developer that is being violated.

And if it is true, these reportings should be done privately, not publicly, or else you could blow any chances of an official investigation being able to catch them and stop them. Posting about it publicly just would alert them that someone is on to them and they should "behave" for awhile, till you go away and forget about them.

So in my opinion, I see this as nothing but attempting to spread hate and rumors about ACF, which I don't have any dealings with and don't particularly care about. I am not involved with them, don't follow them, and their internal problems and issues with their members have not a thing to do with my life.

In other words, I really don't care and arguing with the members of this forum will not make me care.

tranglos:
or this thread will quickly end up closed.
-jgpaiva (September 26, 2009, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

The sooner the better. Bloss's latest response to 40Hz just about seals it.

Bloss, for your information: I may not be an old-timer compared to some, but I've been on DC for three years now. And I have never before seen your kind of language and your kind of attitude here. What constructive input do aim to provide?

Please, read a few other threads on DC, and you will notice that your posts are quite out of ordinary here, in both tone and content.

Bloss:
If all of this is true, don't you think it would be more productive to contact the FBI or the BSA or some other official type of organization that can actually do something to put a stop to it?-app103 (September 26, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is being done by others. We each have our own ways of dealing with these Pricelessware frauds.

If they are in fact selling illegal software, then that would be a crime and you should be reporting it...not posting on forums just to badmouth ACF, and then arguing with the members of the community that you just invaded, in order to do it.
--- End quote ---

Now that you know, what are you going to do about it?

Since this is primarily a donationware site, I don't think it would be likely that one of our applications would fall into the category of being able to be pirated in the way you describe, so posting here is not an attempt to contact a particular developer that is being violated.
--- End quote ---

There are no freeware authors here? I find that impossible to believe.

And if it is true, these reportings should be done privately, not publicly, or else you could blow any chances of an official investigation being able to catch them and stop them. Posting about it publicly just would alert them that someone is on to them and they should "behave" for awhile, till you go away and forget about them.
--- End quote ---

Usenet is archived. Pricelessware goons believe they are inpenetrable. No worries.

So in my opinion, I see this as nothing but attempting to spread hate and rumors about ACF, which I don't have any dealings with and don't particularly care about. I am not involved with them, don't follow them, and their internal problems and issues with their members have not a thing to do with my life.

In other words, I really don't care and arguing with the members of this forum will not make me care.

--- End quote ---
Then move on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version