ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: AMPL [updated to version 0.6.2]

<< < (3/10) > >>

mouser:
let me answer these:

* Do people want AMPL to support different AHK macro recorders (ie one person wants one, and another wants another)?

--- End quote ---
AutoScriptWriter worked well enough for me.

* Is there a specific macro recorder that is better than AutoScriptWriter?
--- End quote ---
don't know the answer to that.

* Do people want AMPL to record a macro before running ScriptEditor?
--- End quote ---
not sure what you mean -- but i don't have any problem with launching ASW to record a macro.

----

here's my only issue with the macro recording:

i think the macro recording has potential to be something people use plugin for.

but the copy and paste from ASW is a bit painful -- ASW doesnt have a button to copy all, and ctrl+A doesn't work, and when you save it wants you to save to a file, etc.  so it's a bit confusing.  not that an expert wouldn't learn what to do, just doesn't quite flow.

i don't know if there is a solution for this, except that IF there is another ahk utility that wraps ASW into a nicer interface that you could tweak to work more smoothly with AMPL that might be worth it (but NOT to the degree that it would make sense to work a lot on a custom macro recorder!).

mouser:
so some obervations after following the tutorial, then creating my own macro and testing it.

for anyone who has been wanting a way to create more powerful scripts to do things from farr.. you now have your answer.

it's like a bridge that connects FARR and AUTOHOTKEY in a truly seamless way.  very very cool.

Perry Mowbray:
let me answer these:

* Do people want AMPL to support different AHK macro recorders (ie one person wants one, and another wants another)?

--- End quote ---
AutoScriptWriter worked well enough for me.
-mouser (September 27, 2009, 02:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, but I think I've got something else in the pipeline...

* Do people want AMPL to record a macro before running ScriptEditor?
--- End quote ---
not sure what you mean -- but i don't have any problem with launching ASW to record a macro.
----

here's my only issue with the macro recording:

i think the macro recording has potential to be something people use plugin for.

but the copy and paste from ASW is a bit painful -- ASW doesnt have a button to copy all, and ctrl+A doesn't work, and when you save it wants you to save to a file, etc.  so it's a bit confusing.  not that an expert wouldn't learn what to do, just doesn't quite flow.

i don't know if there is a solution for this, except that IF there is another ahk utility that wraps ASW into a nicer interface that you could tweak to work more smoothly with AMPL that might be worth it (but NOT to the degree that it would make sense to work a lot on a custom macro recorder!).
-mouser (September 27, 2009, 02:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with all of that: it's the same for me ;)

What I plan to do is:
1. Work with the Recorder.ahk script to manage macro recording (unless there are other suggestions)
2. Add custom "Insert" button (so that copy and paste is not required)
3. Add functionality so that a user can invoke macro recording from FARR. When stopped the script will be loaded into AMPL for further editing.

CleverCat:
In case you're wondering - Perry has no beef with me!  ;D

I've been the 'Test Bunny'  and my version is working perfectly for my needs!

Perry Mowbray:
and BTW Emmanuel and I tracked down a vbScript bug in FScript.dll that limited the functionality of onProcessTrigger. He has released a new version 1.20 at http://e.craft.free.fr/farr/FScript/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version