ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good news for any InfoSelect users

<< < (6/7) > >>

SKesselman:

Sarah, I'm rapidly becoming a big fan of yours. :)

-40hz (September 28, 2009, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

:beerchug:

bababooey:
I am stunned at/by/on/over/with (?) their asking prices, Sarah

Info Select 2007:
$250 once, or
$50 per year.
Upgrade: $100-Micro Logic
--- End quote ---

Version "2010" better be out-of-this-world fantastic awesome good! Argh, silly me! At this price I won't be using it anyway, so what does it matter to me how incredible expensive it may seem.

-Curt (September 21, 2009, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ditto. I used InfoSelect in its early DOS days. I also flipped when I saw the current price.

dyuhas:
Well, now that you're in the group, why not just ask Jim Lewis what prompted him to come back?  :)
Now is the time to ask anything you want.  ;)

He's answering many inquiries. From the latest posts, I assume that this is no picnic for him.
He's getting a lot of criticism, yet he's still asking people to articulate their wants and needs for InfoSelect.
Personally, I don't feel that this is probably just a flash in the pan; he has no history of showing up then leaving.

-SKesselman (September 25, 2009, 02:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's probably just an extraordinary coincidence that Mr. Lewis took over moderation of the forum (after 10 years of ignoring it) and simultaneously announced that a new version (v10) is in beta.

He has no history of "showing up then leaving" because he, or any Miclog representative, never showed up at all.

It may interest members of this forum to know that Mr. Lewis demanded that a non-laudatory post about the v10 beta be deleted by the poster/beta tester. The poster wrote that v10 consisted of a bolted on UI with very little that was new.

SKesselman:
Post deleted.

Apparently, I wasn't being very mindful when I posted this rude and reactive response.

Sincere apologies to anyone who may have run across it.

mouser:
I think the conversation on this thread is degenerating and becoming personal.  It seems like a useful thread for people who want to talk about InfoSelect -- can we just keep things civil and discussion relevant to the subject matter.  And most of all avoid personal attacks and back and forth.

We try not to get into wars here, and we welcome anyone from different positions, but let's not have any fighting from other forums migrate over here please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version