ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good news for any InfoSelect users

<< < (4/7) > >>

IainB:
@SKesselman:
This is a follow-up to your original post, after I have taken a look through some of the discussion in the Yahoo! InfoSelect User Group. I'm a bit embarrassed to confess that I had not known of that user group before, though I have been an IS (InfoSelect) user since 1998.

What I have learned from your post is that IS was apparently developed from a DOS application called Tornado Notes, and that there is this user discussion forum which shows there seem to be many IS users out there who, like me, think it is a grand piece of software, but are unsure as to whether the new licencing fee structures for IS v9 - and presumably for v10 - makes IS really worthwhile.

Anyway, I have subscribed to the IS discussion forum (as I have done with the Donation Coder forum) in my Google reader, and will follow the forum with interest. However, I remain skeptical. Just as "two swallows do not a summer make", the IS developer's (Jim D.Lewis) recent appearance on the discussion forum after years of apparent neglect could be just a flash in the pan. Like I said above, "I wonder what triggered it?"

Enquiring minds need to know.

SKesselman:
@SKesselman:

...Anyway, I have subscribed to the IS discussion forum (as I have done with the Donation Coder forum) in my Google reader, and will follow the forum with interest. However, I remain skeptical. Just as "two swallows do not a summer make", the IS developer's (Jim D.Lewis) recent appearance on the discussion forum after years of apparent neglect could be just a flash in the pan. Like I said above, "I wonder what triggered it?"...-IainB (September 24, 2009, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, now that you're in the group, why not just ask Jim Lewis what prompted him to come back?  :)
Now is the time to ask anything you want.  ;)

He's answering many inquiries. From the latest posts, I assume that this is no picnic for him.
He's getting a lot of criticism, yet he's still asking people to articulate their wants and needs for InfoSelect.
Personally, I don't feel that this is probably just a flash in the pan; he has no history of showing up then leaving.
He didn't start that group, so I can't see penalizing him for not directly participating in it.
He just wasn't involved (or didn't make it known he was involved) with his user community, and now he is.
I'm glad he's there now, on the forum - glad for him, his program and for the IS users.

The forum is for now, amusing at best. Hopefully, that will change. We'll see.

IainB:
Yes, I suppose I should...so I shall!

SKesselman:
The forum is for now, amusing at best. Hopefully, that will change. We'll see.
-SKesselman (September 25, 2009, 02:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, we've seen. Bad things over there. I'm so rattled!!! It's frustrating when everything someone writes is just slightly wrong and they won't listen.
I think I just had an argument with someone who likes to argue. I'm starting to wonder if they're teasing me and not really serious about their posts, just trying to get my goat.

It took over an hour to reply to him (correcting him, he didn't read my post but responded to it anyway) and I just ended up deleting the whole thing.
Grrrrr! It's rare, but still...I hate when that happens!

I am testing the new version and submitting reports to miclog but I think I'm quitting today.
I hate having software that has a forum you can't participate in because it's so negative.

If it were like that on DC, I'd have no where to go :( so thanks DCers, I really enjoy reading the different kinds of informative posts here.
Even the youngest members here are soooo much more appropriate, and so much more intelligent than that.

:-*   :-*   :-*   :-*   :-*

IainB:
Hmm. What odd goings-on on that Yahoo! Info Select User Group!
After Sarah's prompting, I made an enquiring post about "Why is Jim Lewis now paying attention to the group" (or words to that effect), and it seems to have been deleted after I (successfully) posted it. It wasn't a negative post either - I am a strong fan of InfoSelect. Meanwhile, Jim Lewis seems to have been assigned moderator/owner status of the group.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version