ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

wanted: nice and small screensaver

<< < (3/6) > >>

brotherS:
For some pretyy artistic screensavers, check out these
http://www.reallyslick.com/
-NigelH (February 11, 2006, 10:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, those are looking pretty cool!

well it's certainly FAR from a "low-resource" screensaver, but far and away my all time favorite (and current) screensaver is electric sheep.  Simply beautiful, and never gets boring or repetitive.  And I feel that my computer is keeping herself entertained while I'm away.   :D
-LuckMan212 (February 11, 2006, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Wow, that's not only a great-looking screensaver, I also like the idea behind it!

But, if simplicity and minimalism is what you're after, might I suggest PowerDimmer from WhitSoft development.  It's Donationware, and quite system-friendly.  It uses alphachannel to dim the screen so you can still see what's happening "underneath" even when its dimmed.  Quite pleasing. 

Oh, and it's only 3kb ! :o

--- End quote ---
Looks perfect, will install it right now! Thanks! :)

LuckMan212:
glad to hear that Brother... you should at least give electricsheep a try... after a few minutes staring at it, I think it will make a believer out of you!  :D

brotherS:
;D

So far I'm very happy with http://www.whitsoftdev.com/powerdimmer/ ! It allows me to auto-dim the screen to 25%, so I can still see what's going on in Miranda/IRC when I pass by the PC.

Btw, why aren't you in the IRC channel? :)

jgpaiva:
It allows me to auto-dim the screen to 25%, so I can still see what's going on in Miranda/irc-brotherS (February 13, 2006, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, i love it because of that! And it's one of the only programs that i know of, that have a useful bug: The notification windows from msn messenger don't get dimmed, so, i leave the screen dim to 10%,but when someone speaks to me in msn, i can still see who's speaking :D
Thanks again for that great link!

Btw, why aren't you in the IRC channel? :)
-brotherS (February 13, 2006, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I am... :)

Babis:
Oops, I totally forgot to thank you :-[

Now I'm searching for a screensaver that just turns the monitor off - but wasn't able to find a (freeware) saver to do so... who could help? -brotherS (February 08, 2006, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know its a bit late, but I just read your post. Monoff4 is exactly what you are looking for.
It has some options, such as low power mode or monitor off and ignore mouse movements or dont ignore mouse movements

Read the official description:

Monoff 4 - Turns the monitor off

When run, Monoff4.exe puts your monitor in a low power or power off mode, saving electricity.
This can be used instead of Wizmo's "monoff" feature.
Some people have had problems with Wizmo interfering with background processes that start up while Wizmo is running, and problems when multiple instances of Wizmo run at the same time.
See my Wizmo FAQ page for more on this. Monoff 4 can't produce these potential problems.
The Microsoft VC++ 7project source code is provided for those who are interested.

Note: To run Monoff 4 as a screensaver, just rename Monoff4.exe to Monoff4.scr
--- End quote ---
And here is the download link:

http://www.jimbug.org/downloads/download.php?dl=files/monoff4/Monoff4.zip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version