ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Freeware Website Creator For Dummies?

<< < (2/7) > >>

app103:
For a single page site, this would probably be more what you would want:

http://www.creatingonline.com/webmaster/html_generator.htm

It's very easy to use (even esier than making a forum post) and there is nothing to install. The only bad thing about it is that you'll have to use it in IE. It doesn't work well with other browsers.

40hz:
If you're serious about it being a single page, take a look at WebDwarf from Virtual Mechanics. It's a drag and drop page creator that works surprisingly well. Very simple to learn.

If you need it any easier than this, you'll probably have to ask someone to do it for you. ;D

http://www.virtualmechanics.com/products/dwarf/index.html

Caveat: WebDwarf is designed for the creation of single page web projects. If you want to do a multipage website, you'll need to find something else.

MilesAhead:
Hello all:
I've tried searching through the forum, but was unable to get the right combo of keywords. I'm looking for a freeware website creator. Something that is for complete dummies. I know nothing about creating a website. If it helps, I essentially want to create a one-page with my bio and a pic or two. As usual, I look to you for your sage advice!
-siouxdax (September 17, 2009, 10:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

For something that simple you may want to try PsPad Editor.  It's free and can create html from .rtf file.  You can use WordPad for example, to create various size text of various colors.  When done, convert it to html in PsPad. It's very quick to get something up there, then if you want to get rid of the spaghetti code later, you can read up on html and css.  If doing one page you don't need navigation sidebars or anything.  The css just makes it easy to create uniform colors and fonts for various sections.  If you google you can find sites where people will help you do specific things.  It's just easier to maintain later and easier to modify if there aren't 50 "br" (line break) tags stuck together. :)

siouxdax:
While, yes, I want it to be a simple one-page deal, I do want it to look as slick as possible. I'm currently perusing all of your suggestions. :)

mouser:
let us know which one you go with and why.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version