ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Instant Boss: trouble on Wine with Ubuntu Jaunty

<< < (2/2)

cjseymour:
I am running Ubuntu 9.04 (64 bit edition) with NVIDIA video card and Wine V1.0.1 and have just tested Instant Boss.  It *seems* fine with no problems after a minimize/restore.

I am not a hardcore Linux user, but will work with you to try and solve this issue.

As an aside, I Googled "Instant Boss", not realizing it was a DC-developed app, and found a site called INSTANTBOSS.ORG.  This has a link at the bottom that took me to  another Billy Mays RIP site where I had an ADHD moment (or twenty) and pressed the big brown button to hear Billy Mays famous quotes.  It was after a few minutes that I concluded this was not the app you were trying to run and returned to my Google results and found App's app.

Anyway feel free to shoot me any questions you may have.  Gotta go, App's Instant Boss app is informing me it is time for me to take a break!

~Chris

Mandork:
Sorry, I got a bit tied up with my thesis and I haven't been back to check on this topic!

Mouser, I agree that the whole renaming thing for Ubuntu is a bit silly.  You get kind of used to it after a while, though, and forget about the rest of the world...

Anyway, the wine version I have is 1.1.30, although that may be since yesterday (there was a big update of various things).  Today Instant Boss seems to be better, though other things are causing problems with the screen redrawing.

Chris, what kind of card do you have? I have an Acer laptop (7520) that came with an Nvidia GeForce 7000m, and the driver I have at the moment is version 185.18.14, which I believe I downloaded and installed directly from Nvidia.  Do you get the random black bars across your screen, and various programs not redrawing when you update things?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version