topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Question about FARR's resource utilization  (Read 3138 times)

alias

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Question about FARR's resource utilization
« on: November 21, 2009, 08:55 PM »
I just noticed something a little odd about FARR's resource utilization, or at least it seems odd to me.  (I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, btw...)  I installed the latest version of FARR earlier today and, since then, it's used a total of 2:42 minutes of CPU time, is using 17,516k of memory, 10,793,136 I/O Read Bytes, 35,833 I/O Write Bytes, and 1,086,660,762 I/O Other Bytes.  And, no, that 1 billion+ number isn't a typo...  Any idea why that number is so high?  FWIW, my system has been mostly inactive since I installed the latest version, meaning I've been gone most of the day and not using my computer...  The only other process that's used more I/O Bytes Other is MsMpEng (MS Security Essentials), at 1,156,970,506, and counting...

I don't know that this behavior is different from previous versions of FARR - I can't say that I've ever looked at I/O Bytes Other usage...