ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

dell laptop, vista won't activate

<< < (9/9)

Innuendo:
So that I don't have to go through all this mess again, I made an image of my drive with acronis after it was all set up and activated.-nite_monkey (October 16, 2009, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

That, my friend, was a wise decision. Activation works for most people in most situations. You, unfortunately, were one of the individuals who did not fall into that group. Glad you got it sorted & hopefully you won't have to revisit this topic when they send you your OEM Windows 7 disc (if you're entitled to one).

nite_monkey:
So that I don't have to go through all this mess again, I made an image of my drive with acronis after it was all set up and activated.-nite_monkey (October 16, 2009, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

That, my friend, was a wise decision. Activation works for most people in most situations. You, unfortunately, were one of the individuals who did not fall into that group. Glad you got it sorted & hopefully you won't have to revisit this topic when they send you your OEM Windows 7 disc (if you're entitled to one).
-Innuendo (October 17, 2009, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sadly, Im not. I purchased my laptop before the free upgrade was offered. :(

Innuendo:
Sadly, Im not. I purchased my laptop before the free upgrade was offered. :(-nite_monkey (October 17, 2009, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that I'd ever, ever advocate such a thing, but historically speaking, in a matter of hours after OEM OS upgrades are delivered to consumers ISO images of said upgrades start appearing all over the internet & people who have BIOSes like yours that will activate the latest OS only have to install these ISOs to enjoy something for free.

But whether or not you do something like that is something you & your moral compass will need to discuss.

nite_monkey:
Sadly, Im not. I purchased my laptop before the free upgrade was offered. :(-nite_monkey (October 17, 2009, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that I'd ever, ever advocate such a thing, but historically speaking, in a matter of hours after OEM OS upgrades are delivered to consumers ISO images of said upgrades start appearing all over the internet & people who have BIOSes like yours that will activate the latest OS only have to install these ISOs to enjoy something for free.

But whether or not you do something like that is something you & your moral compass will need to discuss.
-Innuendo (October 17, 2009, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
lol, I was trying to avoid going down that road. Though it is defiantly a possibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version