ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

dell laptop, vista won't activate

<< < (7/9) > >>

nite_monkey:
I'm done with trying to mess with vista. I'm just going to stay with xp.

Innuendo:
One thing you might want to try if you haven't already. Make sure your laptop has the latest BIOS. I have read that some versions of some BIOSes on some PCs (vague enough for you?) have botched SLIC tables that won't allow the OEM OS to activate and a BIOS update fixes it.

But you shouldn't be messing with Vista anyway. Windows 7 is going to be out soon & Microsoft has righted a lot of wrongs (real or imagined) that they perpetrated with Vista.

nite_monkey:
I have been messing with the windows 7 RC, and I have found it to be a lot better than vista.

I actually checked that to see if it would help, and when I did, I had the newest bios installed on my laptop. It was supposed to enable dell oem 7 to pre-activate. I updated not to long ago, so I figured there wouldn't be a newer version out. So I figured that wasn't really the problem.

Innuendo:
Wonder if you could talk Dell into upgrading you to a Dell OEM Win 7 disc for all the trouble you have had with Vista.

40hz:
Wonder if you could talk Dell into upgrading you to a Dell OEM Win 7 disc for all the trouble you have had with Vista.
-Innuendo (September 24, 2009, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey Mr. Dell..we got a live one on the phone! You won't believe what he just asked us to do!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version