ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you touch-type or hunt-and-peck?

<< < (13/15) > >>

redstarnyc:
They tried to teach us touch typing in high school but it never really took until I got out of college and had a job.  Now I am halfway decent.

jdd:
I normally type pretty slowly using a hunt and peck hybrid.  However, I can type pretty fast when I send text messages on my cell phone using the 'T9 Word' entry mode.  Is there a keyboard design that incorporates that kind of layout?

TomD101:
Touch type is definitely a must today.

Learned it after school before beginning to study. Helped me immensely getting my papers done on time. Learned it on typewriters, continued using it with my first PC.

I still write as fast as I think, do not have to look at the keyboard, can use a ergonomic keyboard and I can follow anything on a screen, a meeting and everything else without looking down all the time.

My kids use PCs regularly and netbooks are a required tool at school now. My daughter almost types as fast as I do with only a minimal training at touch typing. She taught it herself and is proabably the fastest writer in her class.

I cannot recommend enough to have anyone learn touch typing. The world has changed and any form of keyboard will be a constant companion for anyone for the foreseeable future.

As for the Backspace-Question: The faster I tape the more I use the pinky. If I take my time I use the index finger.

paarkhi:
Touch type, Alhtough I cannot type with more than 4 fingers but still I experienced the importance of it, my elder brother is a 10 Finger Blind typist (He doesn't need to look the keyboard)

grandpastan:
Learned TT in grade 9 back in 64. Never thought I'd need it. Didn't till I got a comp a number of years ago. It all came back pretty quick. With computers everywhere now it is pretty much mandatory to learn it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version