ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: virtual drive driver

<< < (2/2)

nudone:
i had a suspicion that directory opus might do something like that mouser - as it seems to do everything else under the sun.

i think i better head over there again and check it out.

mtp:
well .. this is something like a workaround which might do what you requested ...
lets say the musicfiles are on g:\music and h:\mp3
1. create a virtual drive using "subst.exe" which comes with windows ..
subst i: g:\music
2. create a link from h:\mp3 to g:\music\mp3.lnk
hold down the right mousebutton and drag the folder "mp3" to g:\music
release the mousebutton
select "create link here"
its not very nice ...  but it worked for me ...

gtoal:
I'd love an app that would create a virtual drive that would hold the contents of selected directories on multiple drive volumes.

Would be great for media servers..  I tried creating junction links, but it doesn't work on multiple volumes...

Example, you have a directory on C: , d: , E: , F: , and G: drives with music files, you could create a virtual drive that would somehow contain all files from those directories so you could tell your media server software (xlobby, mediaportal) just to look at the virtual drive for music files..

Is it possible?  It sounds possible..  just no idea where to start coding..  :huh:
-gotrootdude (April 29, 2005, 10:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

This exact program was posted today on giveawayoftheday.com (original is payware, at http://www.virtualdisk.net/ )

G

wraith808:
I actually bought it on BDJ a while ago- it's very useful!  Sort of like file collections in a few of our more celebrated file managers (xyplorer, directory opus, etc) but visible in outside applications since its a drive letter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version