ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea - Whats in my fridge?

<< < (3/13) > >>

skwire:
Misspelling on my name in about ;)-abent professor (September 14, 2009, 05:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Copied from the forum...but I'll change it as per your other post.   ;)

Do we get pie charts for share?-abent professor (September 14, 2009, 05:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

No pie charts.  :-[

"Wastenot" is such an awesome name, better than 'whats in the fridge'.
I'm so impressed, and grateful !
-abent professor (September 14, 2009, 05:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll get the colours in.  What sort of breakdown would you like?  Something like this:

1) Two or fewer days to expiration equals red.
2) Between three and five (?) days equals yellow.
3) Six or greater days to expiration equals green.

Your thoughts?

skwire:
v1.0.1 - 2009-09-14
    + Added row colouring based on proximity to expiration date.

Website|Download

Obviously, the colours are modifiable if you don't like them.  Alternately, you could go with coloured icons for each row (or both).  Let me know.

skwire:
v1.0.2 - 2009-09-14
    + Added ability to set owner names.  Menu > Settings > Edit owner list.
    + Added ability to read from a food.txt file.  Menu > Settings > Edit food list.

Website|Download

abent professor:
This is so cool watching it get built.  :up:

With regards colours:

Red - equal to, or less than 2 days - you nailed it. Bare minimum time left needs to stand out so that the app serves its purpose and food is saved.

color=yellow]Yellow[/color] - a bit tricky to pin down. 5 days is seemingly long. But, if you think about it, most items you would only want every 5 days (eg you wouldn't want pasta every day) So, a whole bunch of yellow items living in the main perishable timespan is good, because it gives you choice without having to think too hard for a few nights

Green - I guess condiments, things in jars, eggs, frozen things are fine for this..

Ahhhh!! Frozen! That gives me an idea. What if there was an option to 'hold' at its present status. ie - it would stay green because it had been put in the freezer, like excess mince or bread etc.?

I've been trying to get a very loose idea I had into a tangible form, but at the moment its just an outline.
I was thinking about another feature, but not sure how it would work - the 'Kitty'.
When you live with 2 other people you have to keep the relationships harmonious, so instead of one of us getting angry because they *always* buy the toilet paper, we decided to each put in £5 a week, which any one of us can dip into, to purchase essential houehold stuff.

The main crux of the app is avoiding waste food, but it is under the general umbrella of house sharing, so maybe a few minor features that help people living together would work?

skwire:
v1.0.3 - 2009-09-14
    + Added "In the freezer?" option.  This will put an asterisk in the new Freezer
      column and keep the line coloured blue.  You can toggle this switch using the
      appropriate entries in the right click (or Edit) menu.  If you toggle it so
      it's out of the freezer, it will take on the normal colouring rules.

* If you don't like that solution, by all means, say so.  =]
* Regarding the colour rule ranges, I can set them however you like.
* As for your other idea(s), just flesh them out and I'll see what I can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version