ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Remove duplicate files, folders and archives - DupeTrasher 2009

<< < (4/8) > >>

Darwin:
Thanks, Milos! I received my key earlier today and now have a fully licensed version installed. Sweet  :Thmbsup: :-*

cranioscopical:
I'd rather be trashed than thrashed!
-cranioscopical (September 18, 2009, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's when they thrash you, then throw you in the dumpster that it really hurts!! :)

-MilesAhead (September 18, 2009, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Bin there, dump that.

MilesAhead:
I'd rather be trashed than thrashed!
-cranioscopical (September 18, 2009, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's when they thrash you, then throw you in the dumpster that it really hurts!! :)

-MilesAhead (September 18, 2009, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Bin there, dump that.
-cranioscopical (September 18, 2009, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

With computers it's garbage in = garbage out  :D

patteo:

patteo, right now DupeTrasher doesn't have any command line features but I can implement that for the future version. What exactly would you like to have with this command line support? I haven't checked that feature in other duplicate scanners (will do that as soon as I get some time) so your feedback would be helpful as the starting point.

-AsmDev (September 18, 2009, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Directory Opus is able to launch other programs (from a User Define button) and at the same time send it commandline parameters:

For example : the following Commandline command can be assigned to a button.
C:\Program Files\Double Killer Pro\doublekiller -clearfolders -addfolder "{sourcepath}" -addfolder "{destpath}" -addfolder "D:\updated files" lib -page 3

Directory Opus is an incredibly powerful Dual pane file manager which many use to manage their files.

So in the example above, instead of separately launching Double Killer Pro or for that matter any other programs like Beyond Compare, and then navigating these programs to the source and destination paths (that I'm currently at in Directory Opus), Double Killer Pro is launched (with a Directory Opus User Button) with the correct source and destination paths and the duplicate files searching process begins immediately.

It is an incredible time saver.

And integrating the two, ie Directory Opus and Double Killer Pro makes them a killer pair, likewise, Directory Opus and Beyond Compare also makes another killer pair.

The integration is seamless via the commandline commands provided by Double Killer Pro and Beyond Compare.

You can really appreciate the huge time saving benefits only if you invest the time in this area and it does not take a lot of user time once programs like Double Killer Pro and Beyond Compare provide the facility for accepting commandline commands.

I have several buttons in Directory Opus configured to link these programs.

MilesAhead:
patteo freeCommander has a similar utility called Favorite Programs.  You create an entry with an editor similar to Visual Studio external tools.  It has variables to indicate selected file, active file, selected folder,active folder.. once you have it set up you can drag the icon onto the toolbar. If I want to open an .avi file in AviDemux to unpack it or whatever, I just select the file and hit the AviDemux button I made on the toolbar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version