ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Carrier Pigeon faster than commercial ISP

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
I tried to find a link but google is failing me, or I'm failing it-Kamel (September 11, 2009, 10:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

The search: Google

The site:
Carrier Pigeon faster than commercial ISP

CleverCat:
I can verify that - I live here!

My speed is 384kbps as that is what I pay for but.....my download speed is around 40kbps! Still better than dial up! It costs my friend I do some work for around R550 per month (+- $70) for my adsl line + 3 GB's of data...

Our fastest speed is 4mbps but costs over R1000 per month and I doubt you can download at that speed.

Carol Haynes:
I can verify that - I live here!

My speed is 384kbps as that is what I pay for but.....my download speed is around 40kbps! Still better than dial up! It costs my friend I do some work for around R550 per month (+- $70) for my adsl line + 3 GB's of data...

Our fastest speed is 4mbps but costs over R1000 per month and I doubt you can download at that speed.
-CleverCat (September 12, 2009, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually slower than dial-up - I used to get 46kbps on 54k dial up service in the UK.

CleverCat:
Here in 'Darkest Africa' things are a little different!  ;) and there is no such thing as 'unlimited download bandwidth' like in other countries! :down:

f0dder:
My speed is 384kbps as that is what I pay for but.....my download speed is around 40kbps! Still better than dial up! It costs my friend I do some work for around R550 per month (+- $70) for my adsl line + 3 GB's of data...-CleverCat (September 12, 2009, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
I hope that by "40kbps" you mean kbyte and not kbit... otherwise you're getting screwed pretty bad :( - and 3GB data per month? Uuuugh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version