ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The unspoken truth about managing geeks

(1/6) > >>

Ehtyar:
It gets a bit much toward the end (ask IT to sit in on new hire interviews?..please), but the earlier parts ring very true IMHO. A good read.

Ehtyar.

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks  :Thmbsup:

It gets a bit much toward the end (ask IT to sit in on new hire interviews?..please)
-Ehtyar (September 11, 2009, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually thought that was quite relevant, it's what we do in our organisation. One of the people who sat on my interview panel was someone who's position I'd be supervising (not that I got my head around that in the interview  :-[)

Ehtyar:
What kind of feedback can you provide in an interview scenario Perry? I thought the suggestion was a bit much because I couldn't think of any helpful advice IT could offer HR (other than "This person has no idea about IT, don't hire them!!" of course :P). I'd be interested to know what IT can offer in that context.

Ehtyar.

Stoic Joker:
What kind of feedback can you provide in an interview scenario Perry? I thought the suggestion was a bit much because I couldn't think of any helpful advice IT could offer HR (other than "This person has no idea about IT, don't hire them!!" of course :P). I'd be interested to know what IT can offer in that context.

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (September 12, 2009, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
As apposed to letting the typical HR drone with their personality chart & plasticine smile try discussing the technical merits of a damn thing?!? Good god man ... no secondary reason is required.

Ehtyar:
Hrm...what kind of positions do you guys sit in on? lol

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version