ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How To Type Symbols and more

<< < (3/6) > >>

cyberdiva:
There's a terrific little free program called AllChars that I used to use on my laptop to type French and Spanish characters, since it's a bit of a hassle to set my laptop up to use certain keys as a numeric keypad. (A numeric keypad is needed for the ALT+4 method, which I use on my desktop.)  With AllChars, you hit and release the CTL key and then type 'e to produce é, while hitting the CTL key and then ?? will yield ¿, etc.  For some reason, I'm now having trouble getting AllChars to work, but most people have no problem with it.  It's free, open source, and quite easy to learn.  It is now under the aegis of SourceForge, who are more or less continuing development.  For more information or to download, see http://allchars.zwolnet.com/.

SKesselman:
Grab AutoHotkey from here, install it to start with Windows, then create an autohotkey.ahk script that contains the following:
-tranglos (September 14, 2009, 07:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't write a script! But if I was forced to learn how, do you think ahk would be a suitable (easy) place to start?

cranioscopical:
Grab AutoHotkey from here, install it to start with Windows, then create an autohotkey.ahk script that contains the following:
--- End quote ---

I can't write a script! But if I was forced to learn how, do you think ahk would be a suitable (easy) place to start?
-SKesselman (September 14, 2009, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Apart from a great support forum it has a terrific help file, stuffed with useful examples. It's worth giving it try just for the entertainment value!

SKesselman:
--- End quote ---

-SKesselman (September 14, 2009, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Apart from a great support forum it has a terrific help file, stuffed with useful examples. It's worth giving it try just for the entertainment value!
-cranioscopical (September 14, 2009, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mine or yours?  ;D

cranioscopical:
It's worth giving it try just for the entertainment value!
-cranioscopical (September 14, 2009, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mine or yours?  ;D
-SKesselman (September 14, 2009, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D

We won't know until you try.
I couldn't write decent code before finding AHK.
Since then I've written a program to rule the world.
What's more, it runs with just two key strokes!
Unfortunately, by some oversight, the first one disables the keyboard.
YMMV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version