ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Graphic Design question: Services and prices?

<< < (10/10)

superboyac:
I'll definitely post more about the book as I go through it.  he uses Photoshop primarily.  What I'd like to know is if I can take his techniques and apply them to Illustrator.  Nobody uses Illustrator for this stuff, and I know why, but I can't shake the feeling that I want to go that way.

One of the great bonuses of that book is seeing exactly all the steps involved in creating a page of art.  That's really useful.  I had a book as a kid called How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way.  it was pretty good, but in the end, I didn't find it too helpful because a lot of little steps were not explained.

superboyac:
After skimming through the book, I think I'm 90% convinced that Photoshop is the way to do my project, rather than Illustrator.  I mean, I understood the differences between the two programs, but I initially felt like Illustrator would be the best program because of its vector-based nature.  And I do have a lot of experience with vector programs, so I though maybe that would be a good idea.  However, the reason why everyone uses Photoshop for stuff like this is because of the selection features.  In Photoshop, you select areas.  In Illustrator, you select objects.  That kind of did it for me.

This is probably obvious to everyone, isn't it?

Man, that book is so good.

kartal:
Hey you might want to try Poser and Poser libraries. They might be helpful either for posing-final rendering or for making initial poses and then tracing.

superboyac:
Hey you might want to try Poser and Poser libraries. They might be helpful either for posing-final rendering or for making initial poses and then tracing.
-kartal (November 15, 2009, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, I already looked into that and liked the idea.  One of the graphics guys I know has it and showed how to make a muscular character and move him around in all kinds of poses.  I thought it would come in extremely handy for references.  I wouldn't use it for actual artwork since I'm planning on doing these as sketches.  But yeah, it was really cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version