ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alt tab 2.0 beta

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
can you elaborate a little more what you want to have added?

alias:
can you elaborate a little more what you want to have added?
-mouser (September 10, 2009, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure!  Seeing the world (of my computer) from my vantage point, I now view FARR as the starting point, or jumping off point, as the case may be, for pretty much everything.  Right now, with FARR's Search Folders, Heuristic Scoring, Aliases/Groups, and the Scoring options for all of those items, I can almost instantly bring up anything on my computer by typing Alt-Space (or Pause/Break, obviously, which also requires holding down the Function key on my machine), with one sole exception:  Open Windows/Running Apps.

What I envision is (whether through a Plugin or natively, I don't care) the ability to add Open Windows/Running Apps to the results list.  Perhaps, in fact, it could be another List option in the Program Options dialog.  That way, depending on how it's scored, if I type Alt-Space followed by a string that's found in the title of an open window (and/or, perhaps, the name of an open app), it would show up in the results list somewhere.

Does that clarify?

mouser:
yep, i understand now -- basically the idea is to not require user to type in a special alias to search for open windows/running apps, but have it search for them as if it was a normal search directory with a score.  wouldn't be too hard to do.. i'll give it some thought.

alias:
yep, i understand now -- basically the idea is to not require user to type in a special alias to search for open windows/running apps, but have it search for them as if it was a normal search directory with a score.  wouldn't be too hard to do.. i'll give it some thought.
-mouser (September 10, 2009, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Precisely, mouser - thanks!

skajfes:
I think I've already asked about that (in a little bit different form, though) but got no answer.

Anyway, my idea of acomplishing this was with using a plugin that can always add results to the list even if it's not triggered. Kind of like modified FarrAltTab takes over the launching and switches to an open window. But a more elegant solution would be to add a list of open windows to the search results and let FARR score them as usual.

Now that is basically the same as you are already talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version