ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ClipMate at $19.95 on BitsduJour today - Sept. 4

(1/4) > >>

cyberdiva:
BitsduJour is offering the fantastic clipboard manager ClipMate for $19.95 today.  That's 43% off the normal price.  I've used ClipMate for many years--it's probably the piece of software I use most and can least do without.  I tried it after someone said to me, "Once you try it, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it."  She was right.

Darwin:
Couldn't agree more, cyberdiva. ClipMate is definitely "can't do without software". Of course, there is also mouser's Clipboard Help+Spell. If  wasn't using ClipMate before I'd heard of Donationcoder, that's what I'd be using.

tranglos:
Having tried all of the above and some others, I've become partial to Ditto myself. For largely formulaic technical translation I find it best, especially due to (a) snappy and clear interface, and (b) the blazing-fast incremental lookup. I also love how it automatically positions itself next to where the caret is, doing its best not to obscure the insertion point in text.

I wish someone would recompile Ditto (C++, open source) to remove the superfluous networking feature and to use a bigger font for the incremental search string display, but besides those, it's perfect.

For anyone still looking at clipboard extenders, ClipMate at BdJ today is a really great deal, of course.

invenit:
BitsduJour is offering the fantastic clipboard manager ClipMate for $19.95 today. -cyberdiva (September 04, 2009, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still using ClipMate v4.5 on my WinXP box.  :Thmbsup:

It may be time for an upgrade.

rjbull:
I've become partial to Ditto myself.-tranglos (September 04, 2009, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does Ditto use the JET database engine?  I've been wary of JET because Zhorn Software's popular sticky notes program Stickies uses it, and won't run stably on my old Win98SE laptop  (yes, one day I'll have to set up the Vista laptop...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version