ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is your preferred font?

<< < (19/30) > >>

Curt:

... There are no Reviews for 'Celeb Faces' yet.-famouswhy.com
--- End quote ---

It may be interesting for very short period of time only. Let's say, in ten years from now, only a minority will know who characters like X-Zibit, Kim Kardashian,  Halle Bery, Paris Hilton, Usher, ever were.

MilesAhead:
Unless they have Ed Grimley I don't even want to look don't you know!

adi_barb:
--- End quote ---

It may be interesting for very short period of time only. Let's say, in ten years from now, only a minority will know who characters like X-Zibit, Kim Kardashian,  Halle Bery, Paris Hilton, Usher, ever were.

-Curt (May 21, 2010, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

... maybe things like this font keeps their fame forever even after 10-20 years from now.  ;D

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

It may be interesting for very short period of time only. Let's say, in ten years from now, only a minority will know who characters like X-Zibit, Kim Kardashian,  Halle Bery, Paris Hilton, Usher, ever were.

-Curt (May 21, 2010, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

... maybe things like this font keeps their fame forever even after 10-20 years from now.  ;D
-adi_barb (May 21, 2010, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Speaking of fame, one of the strangest jazz sessions I ever attended was Nat Adderley.  Before the music started they had these Post Office guys and a jazz DJ make this speech about these other jazz musicians whose images were being used for new postage stamps.  Like, the guy who was about to play was just as famous.  He just wasn't dead yet!!!  Weird.

Edvard:
@MilesAhead:
Allow me correct myself.
I just checked, and I'm using Euromode, not Eurostile.

Euromode is a similar font made by Corel that has shown up on many of the free font download sites, so I'm unsure about any license details.

Eurostile is a commercial font with quite a history and some folks like it just a little too much.  :o

EDIT:
Aha! I found an open-license alternative.
The League of Movable Type's Orbitron:
http://www.theleagueofmoveabletype.com/fonts/12-orbitron
Orbitron was designed so that graphic designers in the future will have some alternative to typefaces like Eurostile or Bank Gothic. If you’ve ever seen a futuristic sci-fi movie, you have may noticed that all other fonts have been lost or destroyed in the apocalypse that led humans to flee earth. Only those very few geometric typefaces have survived to be used on spaceship exteriors, spacestation signage, monopolistic corporate branding, uniforms featuring aerodynamic shoulder pads, etc.
--- End quote ---
:lol: :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version