ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is your preferred font?

<< < (12/30) > >>

Curt:
I really like a font called "Beyond Wonderland" for fancy work.  Google search should find it for you.-crossesfour (September 30, 2009, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Very nice find!  :Thmbsup:
It has distinct possibilities.
 Link: www.dafont.com/beyond-wonderland.font
-40hz (September 30, 2009, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Beyond Wonderland really is good looking. But because of the very low number of characters, I'd say the 'possibilities' are actual quite limited! Sorry!

40hz:
But because of the very low number of characters, I'd say the 'possibilities' are actual quite limited! Sorry!
-Curt (October 02, 2009, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

How so? :) It has upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and a basic set of punctuation characters. Everything needed to compose text is there. Since Beyond Wonderland is a decorative or calligraphic typeface it won't have separate fonts for italics or varying letter weighs. Are you referring to ligatures, Unicode support, or what?

I could see Beyond Wonderland being used very effectively for poetry; picture book text; menus; greeting cards; headlines and call-outs in books, magazines, and newsletters; decorative "quote artwork"; monograms, logos, comic book captions and dialog balloons; love letters... and it's also the perfect font for drafting creepy-looking crackpot missives!

Consider: A rambling and vaguely angry-sounding 30-page letter that uses this font. Send one off to your favorite public figure, and it will almost certainly garner you some very serious attention indeed! (Most likely in the form of a 'visit' from the FBI... but so what?)

At least you know somebody actually read the damn thing! :P

:Thmbsup:

Curt:
... Are you referring to ligatures, Unicode support, or what?-40hz (October 02, 2009, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I forgot I was talking to an American; they tend to think that 5% is all the world.
But yes, Unicode is the word.

mwb1100:
Sorry, I forgot I was talking to an American; they tend to think that 5% is all the world.
-Curt (October 02, 2009, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, not quite the whole world:

40hz:
-Curt (October 02, 2009, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice. Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version