ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is your preferred font?

<< < (10/30) > >>

40hz:
my favourite is Comic sans MS
I am told it is what was used in comics
Maybe I am in my second childhood!!!
-jshelagh (September 28, 2009, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
http://bancomicsans.com/home.html :P
-f0dder (September 28, 2009, 01:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thx f0dder! LMAO when I browsed that site! ;D

Nice to see some of the Old Dragons are still alive, their voices crying out in the wilderness...

Of course why a collective of people who seem to be mostly involved in grundge-style urban art and bumper stickers would be so offended by Comic Sans is anybody's guess...

(These folks seem like the spiritual kindred of the people I learned print design from. That was the crowd that went around saying PageMaker was a fad, and that people would eventually realize "what a joke desktop publishing is" and go back to using real type.)

Now if they said they wanted to ban Times Roman, I just might sign up. ;)

sazzen:
You guys sure know a lot about fonts.

For a long time I defaulted everything to Arial. Windows and browser is still set that way, and I always use it for a business letter. However, my long-time favorite and what I default everything else to is Maiandra GD (size 10). Easy on the eyes in every way and printouts are as nice as the onscreen experience.  I do use other fonts for headers, depending on the kind of document, Harrington or Lucida Calligraphy for Headers in writer's programs.

On the rare occasion that I need a monospace font, I opt for Lucida Console. 

No ClearTypes please - or anything that looks like them.

tomos:
Of course why a collective of people who seem to be mostly involved in grundge-style urban art and bumper stickers would be so offended by Comic Sans is anybody's guess...
-40hz (September 28, 2009, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

see the Ban Comic Sans Flicker group - looks like a (barely supressed) love fest to me
. . .
L   O   V   E        H   A   T   E
:D

longrun:
For printing I like Spranq Ecofont Spranq Ecofont, which has holes in each character and thereby saves toner/ink.

TomD101:
I normally use standard fonts provided by Microsoft. I think Arial and Times Roman are quite readable, very common and thus perfect for web design. No hassles with strange results on your page.

But once in a while I want to print out something personal, something "valuable" with a touch of class. After discovering the font some 15 years ago in "the BIG Word for Windows 6.0" book I fell in love with Korinna BT. Great to read, even on long text passages and simply elegant and ... something else without being "too much".

Here is a preview I snipped from some internet site. Korinna is free, I think, at least you find a lot of download locations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version