ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

More speed through keyword abbreviation and auto completion?

<< < (2/3) > >>

skajfes:
I'd prefer a solution that does not change the FARR input box to switch between normal / extended result list like for example a keyboard shortcut. And use up/down to scroll through the results as was once suggested by justice.
-phitsc (September 03, 2009, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
That was a great idea. I wonder what happened with that?

Ampa:
+1 for Justice's idea!

Anybody got any comments about the auto-completion of keywords suggestion?

Nod5:
Ampa: I for one have no need for that. I just use short keywords/aliases instead. m for music, b for books and so on.

In Justice's thread Mouser considers adding one more result that when clicked expands to show all. If made, I hope it becomes optional. It wastes screen space since the number of matches is enough indication. If the list looks "full" then there's probably more results to be had through "+sall", if the lists is short then there isn't.

I have no problem with expanding when pressing "down" at the bottom of the list but the hotkey alternative is still much quicker, isn't it?

mouser:
i agree that we need a faster way to show all.
++ would have made the most sense until i made it be the way you specify commandline arguements :(

maybe if we did it like this:
pgdn in result view will show all, and then subsequent presses will page through the multiple-pages of results?

phitsc:
i agree that we need a faster way to show all.
++ would have made the most sense until i made it be the way you specify commandline arguements :(

maybe if we did it like this:
pgdn in result view will show all, and then subsequent presses will page through the multiple-pages of results?
-mouser (September 04, 2009, 08:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
I just want to state again that I think it would be better to have a way to switch to extended result list that doesn't change the input box. Changing the input box triggers a re-search (I'm thinking plugins by the way).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version