ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Toggle mouse acceleration with a simple program

<< < (4/10) > >>

doctorfrog:
Cool, I'm actually just now updating to the latest 1.17 of bblean and creating a new suite of styles. I thought I had the latest 1.17, but I guess I've been using an RC of 1.17 for more than six months. Oh, the bugs that I've endured...

I've foregone the Windows shortcuts by now and now call Mat directly from Blackbox hotkeys. Ah, but it's a good time to be alive, and also a nerd.

nudone:
fantastic util - does more than i could have hoped for.

nudone:
i've been playing about with the toggle function - works fine.

i'm just wondering (hoping) that maybe the app could be modified a little to provide a visual cue as to what mode the mouse speed/acceleration is in.

something blindly obvious like the cursor changing colour or shape depending on the mode.

e.g.
the mouse is acceleration ON = cursor is set to a blue cursor or a large cursor (or whatever).

the mouse is acceleration OFF = cursor is set to a white cursor or a standard/small cursor (or whatever).

maybe other cursors could be used for different speeds - maybe just a cursor with a tiny number next to it.

i'd be very happy to edit/design some cursors to include - if this is possible.

i'm just thinking that this visual cue would be extremely helpful (especially for me as i'll be swapping around the different modes and i'll forget what mode i'm in). having the cursor change appearance means it would also be instantly obvious what mode you are in, i.e. no need to look in the system tray for a mode change icon.

skwire:
i'd be very happy to edit/design some cursors to include - if this is possible.-nudone (April 30, 2010, 06:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this can be done so feel free to send me any test .ANI/.CUR files you want to use.  I like the idea of a standard cursor with small numbers the best.

nudone:
okay, i'll email something in a few minutes - just basic to see how things work.

would it be asking too much if the user could pick their own cursors to use. like yourself, some people will prefer a number to indicate speed - but i'd prefer a colour difference myself as it will be more immediate in recognising the difference - for acceleration on, at least (even if it's just a tiny red dot in the middle of the cursor). other people will have their own opinion of what is a good visual cue - giant cursor, coloured cursor, flashing (animated) cursor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version