ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Toggle mouse acceleration with a simple program

<< < (2/10) > >>

Kamel:
And I thought I was the only one with these problems haha.

Thanks for this, I too will be using it. If you would like to improve it, I think it would be best improved by having mouse sensitivity and/or acceleration options, and store/load all of them according to which one you're using.

I actually switch between my touchpad and a gaming mouse, so the sensitivity difference is quite substantial. This little app will probably be all that I need to switch between the 2 easily though.

skwire:
If you would like to improve it, I think it would be best improved by having mouse sensitivity and/or acceleration options, and store/load all of them according to which one you're using.-Kamel (September 27, 2009, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just to clarify, you would like to be able to set the pointer speed value, right?

DONE: Toggle mouse acceleration with a simple program

doctorfrog:
If you would like to improve it, I think it would be best improved by having mouse sensitivity and/or acceleration options, and store/load all of them according to which one you're using.-Kamel (September 27, 2009, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just to clarify, you would like to be able to set the pointer speed value, right?
 (see attachment in previous post)
-skwire (September 27, 2009, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just a quick update: yes, this simple software has solved my problem. However, being able to toggle pointer speed settings would also be preferred, since in my specific case, mouse acceleration isn't quite enough to make the touchpad respond the way I'd like. Instead of simply toggling a single setting, the software would also have to retrieve, store, and apply two alternating speed settings.

I do realize that this would increase the scope of the software, so I choose to be happy with what I have right now, especially since I'm in a little financial difficulty at the moment and don't have a roll of quarters to drop in some kind programmer's bucket.  :-[

skwire:
Just a quick update: yes, this simple software has solved my problem. However, being able to toggle pointer speed settings would also be preferred, since in my specific case, mouse acceleration isn't quite enough to make the touchpad respond the way I'd like. Instead of simply toggling a single setting, the software would also have to retrieve, store, and apply two alternating speed settings.-doctorfrog (September 27, 2009, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Adding the speed setting stuff is easy.  Give me a few minutes.

I do realize that this would increase the scope of the software, so I choose to be happy with what I have right now, especially since I'm in a little financial difficulty at the moment and don't have a roll of quarters to drop in some kind programmer's bucket.  :-[
-doctorfrog (September 27, 2009, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please don't ever worry about stuff like this.  I'm happy to help.

skwire:
v1.0.1 - 2009-09-27
    + Added ability to set mouse speed.
    * Changed up the parameter syntax.  Please adjust any of your scripts accordingly.

Website | Download

Run MouseAccelToggler.exe with one or both of the following parameters:

accel=[on|off|toggle]  This will turn mouse acceleration on, off, or toggle its state.
    speed=[1-20]             This will set the mouse speed.

Example:  c:\path\to\MouseAccelToggler.exe accel=on speed=8

Also...if you run the exe without any parameters, it will pop up a box showing your current speed setting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version