ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (24/57) > >>

lanux128:
How do you uninstall this? I tried to install it and I have a right click menu but nothing happens. I need to uninstall it and then try to re-install but I dont see how to do this? I think I am in the right place for Files 2 Folder?
-qbw649 (October 19, 2011, 01:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

this is from the help file:
; Installation -------------------------------------------------------------

1) Unpack archive to a folder of your choice.

2) Run the Files2Folder.exe.  A message box will pop up asking you if you would like to register the shell extension.  Click yes.

3) A shortcut will also be created that will allow you to unregister the shell extension if you wish to do so.

4) Alternately, you can silently install Files 2 Folder using the -s switch like this:
    c:\path\to\Files2Folder.exe -s

To silently uninstall use -su.

--- End quote ---

qbw649:
Unfortunately I did as some others have and ran the .exe from the zip file. So no uninstall file was created. So I unzipped it to a folder a second time ran the exe but nothing happens. I dont see it running in task mgr either. I am running windows xp sp3. Some how I need to maybe just run the install again but it doesn't seem to do anything. I do have the right click menu but that doesn't work. So I figure the registry entries were not made correctly because I initially ran it out of the zip file.

skwire:
Hi qbw649 and welcome to the site.   :)

To uninstall Files2Folder, open up a command prompt, navigate to the Files2Folder folder and run this command:

Files2Folder.exe -su

Then simply run Files2Folder.exe again to register it at its new location.  Let me know how it goes.

qbw649:
That did it awesome! Thank you! Works great!

nkormanik:
Additional request.  Or perhaps someone already knows of a program that does the following:

For selected files... create subfolders by EXTENSIONS, move files to their appropriate subfolder based on their EXTENSION.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this before.

Thanks Skwire.

Nicholas Kormanik

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version