ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (10/57) > >>

skwire:
Apologies, I got confused with some of my other apps.  Files 2 Folder has no GUI so, when you run the exe for the first time, it asks you if you want to register the shell extension context menu entry.  It also creates a shortcut in the same folder that's named "Files 2 Folder - Unregister shell extension.lnk" if you would like to get rid of the context menu entry.  As for your issue, you didn't move the executable after registering the shell extension, did you?

techidave:
What a fantastic app, skwire!  thanks for coding this! :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: 8)

jdd:
skwire, I followed your instructions and now I'm in business.  Awewsome app! :Thmbsup:

mateek:
This is a great idea for a program.  Thanks paarkhi and skwire!  I tried this last night, but nothing showed up in my context menu.  I figured when I rebooted in the morning it'd show up.  I did find the 'Files 2 Folder' entry, but ONLY in the Quick Launch items context menus!  The files on my Desktop didn't have the entry, and trying the context menu with an open Explorer didn't help.

At this point I'd like to ask what might prove to make me look stupid, but where are the hidden settings?  I've used a lot of stuff I haven't been shy messing with as far as settings, like Rainlender, Sumarize, etc.  I tried opening Files2Folder.exe in ResHacker, but didn't see them there.  I didn't see a folder in 'Application Data.'  I thought maybe I had to point to the desktop or something, although that really doesn't make any sense.

I should add my context menus are a bit jazzed up.  I use MMM+, and Folder Guide.  Would that interfere with the registration process?  Also, I hadn't quite read down here far enough to figure out I should've answered Yes when the initial prompt to register appeared.  I said No on the first run, and when I realized my mistake went back and said Yes on the second run.  Like I said, the entry did appear after in one context menu, just not everywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

jdd:
Mateek,  I had a similar issue.  Try this.

Create a folder somewhere that you do not intend to move.  Extract the contents of the zip file to the folder.  Run the 'Files 2 Folder - Unregister shell extension' shortcut to remove what you have already installed.  Then, run the 'Files2Folder.exe' executable.  Answer yes.  Do NOT move the folder or anything in it to another location.  Should work now.  At least...........it worked for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version