ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Selector 3.4.3.0

<< < (13/14) > >>

MilesAhead:
Selector 3.2.2.5 Faster path validation. Note that mapped network drives are prefereable to unc paths for speed.  The API call I now use can detect disconnected mapped drives without waiting for the network time-out.

MilesAhead:
Selector 3.3.3.0 Added Multiple Launch checkbox. An example of usage would be to quickly select several files in Explorer, then loop through the launch of an editor with each filename as param.

There's a new .ini file setting MultiDelay.  Valid range is 0 to 5. 0 disables, otherwise if the program to be launched is not already running, MultiDelay seconds delay will be inserted between the 1st and 2nd launch. This gives "single instance" programs such as multi-tabbed editors, a chance to establish the first instance, then open each new file in a new tab.

Here's a new screen shot.

MilesAhead:
Selector 3.3.5.0 Updated OS version detection.  Windows Seven transparency should now work on W8 as well as W7.  Added a checkbox for cases when selected or clipboard text has more than one item. An example would be selecting multiple files in Explorer.  In 3.3.4.0 I called it Multiple Launch but I changed it in this update to Loop Launch as that's more accurate. You may still only select one program from the list, but it may be launched in a loop using the Loop Launch checkbox.

In the example of multiple files selected in Explorer, a multi-tab editor may be used to display each file in a tab.  There's a delay option in the .ini file to set the length of the delay after the initial instance of the app is launched.  Setting to 0 disables the delay.  See the Readme.txt file for details.

Another update.  When the program writes the options to the .ini file, if the ini already exists it is first erased.  This should clean up old options that have been changes, blank lines etc..

MilesAhead:
Selector 3.3.5.0 Updated OS version detection.  Windows Seven transparency should now work on W8 as well as W7.  Added a checkbox for cases when selected or clipboard text has more than one item. An example would be selecting multiple files in Explorer.  In 3.3.4.0 I called it Multiple Launch but I changed it in this update to Loop Launch as that's more accurate. You may still only select one program from the list, but it may be launched in a loop using the Loop Launch checkbox.

In the example of multiple files selected in Explorer, a multi-tab editor may be used to display each file in a tab.  There's a delay option in the .ini file to set the length of the delay after the initial instance of the app is launched.  Setting to 0 disables the delay.  See the Readme.txt file for details.

Another update.  When the program writes the options to the .ini file, if the ini already exists it is first erased.  This should clean up old options that have been changes, blank lines etc..

Got rid of fade on Selector Gui close. With the Loop delay it could have negative side effects.

MilesAhead:
Selector 3.4.0.0 Enhanced the Go Button to handle multiple selections. For example, you could select 4 lines of text with a web address on each line, hit Selector hotkey, then select a browser from your program list.  All 4 addresses would be passed to the browser on the command line with a space between each.

Any param that has a space embedded, will be wrapped in double quotes.
XP and later I think the command line is limited to 8191 total characters.
But that should still be good enough to open 4 or 5 files or web sites in one shot.

edit: I tried the multiple url thing with chromium, firefox and opera. Worked with all three.
Also EditPadLite7 will let you specify several files on the command line and open them in tabs.

How each app handles multiple command line args is dependent on the particular app. The app may have a "single instance" setting that would tell it to open files in tabs instead of separate windows... same for browsers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version