ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Selector 3.4.3.0

<< < (3/14) > >>

mouser:
(Moderator: which is the preferred etiquette?  To update top post and update version number via edit or just do a followup?)

--- End quote ---

Hi Miles! another cool little utility.
I prefer having the top post updated with version info when there is a new release.
The top post should also have an image (as your does) for easier adding to the coding snacks page.
And the link to the download should go to your web site (either a page or direct download) and not to an attachment, and should not change over time (i.e. dont make it link directly to myapp_v1.0.1.zip).  Those guidelines are all so that the place to get the file will be the same over time.

MilesAhead:
Ok, thanks mouser. :)

Xvarnah:
Well, I think of a bookmarklet that would be an equivalent of the hotkeys. This might sound silly but as a matter of fact when I'm browsing most of the time I use mouse's clicks to do this or that. All browsers encourage such a behavior by providing buttons for the extensions or plug-ins, etc.

I guess such a feature would quickly become very popular (many of the common bookmarklets are available for multiple browsers : for example, I use the same "Share This" bookmarklet with Chrome, Opera and Safari; Firefox has an ".xpi" extension for this app and IE has a toolbar).

MilesAhead:
I'm very mouse-oriented myself.  'cept for mouse gestures.  Too much stuff to remember. :)  I guess what you are saying is have a bookmarklet launch the other browsers instead of using an exe file?  I'm still not sure what happens when you click the bookmarklet you envision.

edit: ok, if I get this right, you are just saying launch Selector using a bookmarklet instead of a hotkey? Sorry for being dense.  Lots of times stuff goes right over my head that's obvious to everyone else.  I claim it's due to genius but that could just be PR heh heh heh.

Xvarnah:
Never mind, MilesAhead !  8)

I understand very well this confusion because I was hesitating myself between several possibilities. As a first step, I thought, well if I could keep my hand on my mouse this would be great : a click for to launch the Selector's window and one more click in this window to lauch another browser : great !  :)

[ Nevertheless, we do feel the same about "mouse gestures" !  :-[  ]

A further step would be to launch both Selector and its selection window, may be. Saying this, I think of the tight management of my RAM. I've got 4Go but when you run aside such apps as Photoshop and/or Illustrator, not to speak about PersonalBrain and MindManager, you quickly become quite cautious about  it !  :'(  ;)

PS : I have sent you 9 bucks (I wanted to give 10 but I forgot about the greedy Paypal's x-rates, please excuse me), so that we could virtually share a drink together. Cheers ! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version