ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

idea - a simple prog to protect files/folder from deletion

<< < (3/4) > >>

smbdy234:
Is there anyone out there who has this software and can either post it, or send it in an email?  I want this one... Please....  The link no longer works...  Thanks...

steeladept:
Maybe I am missing something, but can't this be accomplished by just editing the permissions to prevent deletion?

f0dder:
Maybe I am missing something, but can't this be accomplished by just editing the permissions to prevent deletion?
-steeladept (April 23, 2009, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Beat me to it :) - simply set NTFS permissions and you're good to go. Notice that you'll have to find the "advanced permissions" to see the Delete token.

paarkhi:
Forget it if the author doesn't want to fix the link then he is not interested in donating his piece of cake

wraith808:
-steeladept (April 23, 2009, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Beat me to it :) - simply set NTFS permissions and you're good to go. Notice that you'll have to find the "advanced permissions" to see the Delete token.
-f0dder (April 23, 2009, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

That doesn't stop it if you're running as the person who set the delete bit, does it?  I mean, manually deleting, sure... but if some errant program deletes it, it could also unset the bit, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version