ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Split .txts into smaller ones when there is a space line

<< < (3/6) > >>

skwire:
Would it be hard to modify this script so the user can specify the 'split target'?

For example, rather than split at blank lines, have it split at every instance of '=========='. I could then insert that string into the main text file wherever I want it to split, such as at the beginning of a section, a chapter, etc. Thanks!-pulphero (September 27, 2009, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have this almost done.  As usual, I'm struggling to come up with a name for it.  At this point, I have "Text File Cracker."   ;D  Can any of you all think of anything better?  <looks squarely at cranioscopical>

skwire:
Could you extend it to handle this case:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18984.msg170283#msg170283
-tmpusr (September 27, 2009, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think your requirements might be a bit out of scope for a simple text file cracker like this.  That being said, I promise to take a deeper look at your request.

cranioscopical:
I have this almost done.  As usual, I'm struggling to come up with a name for it.  At this point, I have "Text File Cracker."   ;D  Can any of you all think of anything better?  <looks squarely at cranioscopical>
-skwire (September 28, 2009, 06:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
No pressure,  eh?  :)

Chopping List?
Subtext?
Textarian?
ReTextChewer?
Lickety-split?

skwire:
Hahaha...I like "Chopping List" and I have the perfect icon for it:

http://www.iconarchive.com/show/buuf-icons-by-mattahan/Hatchet-icon.html

Winner!  Winner!  Chicken dinner!

skwire:
v1.0.1 - 2009-09-28
    + Added ability to specify a custom delimiter to split on.  (Thanks, pulphero)
    * Changed application name to "Chopping List."  (Thanks, cranioscopical)

Website | Download

DONE: Split .txts into smaller ones when there is a space line

I've done only minimal testing so feedback is required.  There will be a quiz in the morning.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version