ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Split .txts into smaller ones when there is a space line

<< < (5/6) > >>

nkormanik:
But, but, but....

Automatically adding those padded zeros ahead of numbers would make things a bit easier.

Pretty please???

skwire:
Doh, I went back and re-read your request and now I understand what you were asking for.  Sorry about that.   :-[  Here you go:

Website | Download
v1.0.3 - 2012-03-07
    + Option to specify number of leading zeros to pad filenames with. (Thanks, nkormanik)

nkormanik:
Fantastic, Skwire, that cuts out a step in the process -- using a third-party software renamer to add in the zero-padding.

Well done!

H;o)lli:
Hi Skwire,

thx for your little app!
It's the only free one I've found splitting files at a certain string and remembering the latest program parameters.

Though it's long since the latest posting here I'd like to ask for two other little features that certainly would come in handy...

- Would it be possible for you to make ChoppingList be aware of passing parameters?
  One parameter would already be enough to make my day, namely passing over a list of file names (e.g. within the destination folder) like "filenamefirst.txt filenamesecond.txt". This way, it could be used by automated scripts.
- It would be fine also if not only .txt files were accepted but also e.g. .md or .rst files (markdown and reST files surely are text files!).

Anyway, thx for your work!

skwire:
Hi, H;o)lli, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Apologies for the lateness of this reply; my work/business travel has been rather busy lately.

- Would it be possible for you to make ChoppingList be aware of passing parameters?-H;o)lli (April 11, 2018, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is doable.

One parameter would already be enough to make my day, namely passing over a list of file names (e.g. within the destination folder) like "filenamefirst.txt filenamesecond.txt". This way, it could be used by automated scripts.-H;o)lli (April 11, 2018, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

The only caveat is that there is a finite amount of text that you can pass on the commandline like that so you will have experiment a bit and see what you can get away with.

- It would be fine also if not only .txt files were accepted but also e.g. .md or .rst files (markdown and reST files surely are text files!).
-H;o)lli (April 11, 2018, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I can do this as well.  As you've already mentioned, the app will only be able to handle text-based files, i.e., no Word docs, etc.  I will try to get to this next week as I don't travel but, if I don't have anything by next weekend, feel free to remind me in this thread.  Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version