ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Total Commander: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks

<< < (8/8)

lanux128:
thanks for the reply, tranglos. i was hopeful of an internal solution but the thread you linked gives me an idea.. :)

Nxqd3051990:
Glad to see this thread. I've been a TC for a long time . But I don't have to time to dig it . Maybe now is the time :)

Innuendo:
Glad to see this thread. I've been a TC for a long time . But I don't have to time to dig it . Maybe now is the time :)-Nxqd3051990 (September 27, 2009, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think you would be sorry. I have used TC for years, but mostly used it with just a few plugins & I was quite happy. Recently, I have won a license to TC (thanks Mouser & Fenix!) and to celebrate my good fortune I sat down with the help file & configured all the options and all the .ini file settings. I then went through www.totalcmd.net and en.totalcmd.pl for every plugin for which I'd have a need.

It took quite a bit of time to get things just right, but I now have a copy of TC perfectly tuned to my needs. After a couple weeks of using this newly configured TC I've more than made up for the configuration time I spent with time-savings in file management.

I'm still tweaking things here and there, but I'm confident my file manager would trounce just about anything else out there. ;)

lanux128:
An autohotkey script that sends the correct key sequence should work, though: send Tab, Ctrl+T (for new tab), Tab again, then Ctrl+Right arrow.-tranglos (September 27, 2009, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks to your input, i've managed a rudimentary script with the "PostMessage" commands that seem to work on my PC, so far.. ;)

just in case, if anyone needs it. i'll post it here.

--- ---#IfWinActive ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD
cm_OpenNewTab := 3001
cm_OpenDirInNewTabOther := 3004

;ctrl + shift + left arrow 
^+Left::
  Send, {Tab}
  PostMessage 1075, %cm_OpenNewTab%, 0
  Send, {Tab}
  PostMessage 1075, 3004, , , ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD
Return

;ctrl + shift + right arrow
^+Right::