ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

JayIsGames.com - Casual Gameplay Design Competition #6 Opens - 10/4/09 deadline

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
We've talked about previous JayIsGames.com competitions to design flash games.  It regularly produces some of the best flash games you'll find anywhere -- it's a very high caliber of talent that participates.

This year they are opening up the challenge to any web-compatible technology, not just flash (Silverlight, etc.) - though I expect that the overwhelming majority of games will be done in Flash.

The theme this year, Explore -- is wonderful.  I think this will make for some really interesting entries.

I'd love to see some DC members participate and submit a game of their own design.  If there's anything we can do to help or encourage you, let me know.  I'll reserve some special DC games division mugs for anyone who enters.

Design a game that incorporates our theme (see below). It doesn't have to be complex nor large in scope. Since you will have just 6 weeks to complete your design, simple ideas are probably the best way to go. You may use any browser-based technology platform you are comfortable with (Flash, Unity, Shockwave, Javascript, etc.). If we can embed your finished game file on our competition page, you may use that platform to design and develop your game.

For the 6th Casual Gameplay Design Competition, we are asking for entries designed to incorporate this theme: EXPLORE.
The deadline for entries is Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 11:59PM (GMT-5:00).
1st place:  $1,000
Audience award: $500

--- End quote ---

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2009/08/game_design_competition_6.php

Deozaan:
Sounds fun!

mouser:
anyone going to give this a try?

Ampa:
I do have an idea that would fit this theme very nicely but it is way too large to consider for the competition.

However it may be possible to scale it down…

I'll think on it.

mouser:
is no one going to participate in this? i'd love to see a DC member submit an entry.. how can we help encourage it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version