ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Another similar app (disclaimer: I haven't tried it)

<< < (5/6) > >>

jdmarch:
Just my two cents disagreeing with several suggestions above.

1. I have NO interest in delaying the display. With proper heuristics and preparation, the correct program is usually at the top of my list very quickly so 90% of the time I can just hit Enter once and I'm done. When my choice is not #1, I never just hit the number, have learned to always tab down first to freeze the display at that point, so there's no disruption by a changing choice list.

2. If anybody wants a cooler look, that's fine, but Mouser, please don't let this take time away from your work on the FUNCTIONAL interface. As far as I'm concerned, the "look" is already perfect. After all, FARR is usually only in front of my eyes for a fraction of a second at a time, because it's so good!

mouser:
regarding jdmarch's comments:
i am one of the biggest anti-skin people you will find so you can imagine my surprise when i actually found that i like FARR better with a skin on it! (i use mxskin31.skn skin).

but rest assured that the very first requirement i had when i looked at skinning solutions was, i would only do it if it could be done with an option to disable skinning 100% with absolutely no hit in performance or degradation in normal native interface.  i will maintain this commitment to keeping the program fast and efficient and looks will never take priority over functionality.

v2 will be more full featured and faster than v1, there is nothing that requires compromising on this front :)

Amadawn:
 If a update delay option was added, you would not need to use it if you don't want to.  :D

And looks _are_ important. A lot of people judge how good an app is by its look. If it looks "old" they will think that it is not good. I don't necesarily agree with that, but if I have 2 apps with the same functionality, I'll always prefer the better looking one.

Look at the review in downloadsquad. It is practically the only negative thing that they say about FRR.

mouser:
delay will be an option (and i should point out it might actually improve search depth speed if it makes update speed less frequent).

and yes, looks are important too; i think we will have to choose a skin to install by default for F+R 2 (though of course it will be easy to disable it and go back to native look).

jdmarch:
OK, I was a little curmudgeonly on that last post :)

I'm open to trying almost anything. When I get out of this time crunch I'll try your favorite skin, mouser.

And you're right, a configurable slowdown in the refresh rate might not be a bad thing at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version