ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Another similar app (disclaimer: I haven't tried it)

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
good idea; i will add it to todo list for version 2, you're right it needs to be easier to explore the skins.

Amadawn:
Cool, thanks for considering my suggestion! ;D

As for the "window jumping" problem, I've tried your recommended settings and it is better. However, compared to programs like the Windows Desktop Search or the Google deskbar or even Apple's Spotlight, for instance, it still feels a bit "jumpy" whenever it updates the size of the window. Those programs use a "combobox-like" interface instead of an actual window so perhaps it is easier for them to do. It seems that when using a combobox the update of the list seems more natural, less "jumpy". Perhaps this is due to the fact that not many windows change their size on their own as FRR does.

One thing that I've noticed is that perhaps FRR is too fast on the results update for its own good  :-[ I can often see the list update while new items are found. Perhaps it would be better if there was a (configurable) delay between the typing of a new key and the update of the list, to ensure that the list is not updated so often (and hence giving less impression of "jumping").

Ah! Before I forget, the window transparency setting does not show the percentage (from 0 to 100) which is weird. Also most apps that I've seen which allow you to set their transparency place the 100% on the right side of the slider, while FRR places it on the left side, which is a bit strange.

By the way, I am _loving_ this program so far.

Amadawn

mouser:
you're not the first person to suggest that we slow down the update of the result display; maybe i can add it in the next version.
if you read a little in this forum you'll see there has been a lot of discussion about version 2, which i think is going to make everyone pretty happy when it gets released, which should be soon (a month or two now it looks like); it would have been out sooner but other apps have jumped ahead of it in the queue that need more attention.

as for resizing the window, this might be more useful for you, turn off autoresizing and just set the size you want:

Amadawn:
It'd be cool to have the option to change the delay as you say. Thanks for taking that into consideration!

I've tried disabling the auto-shrink option as you suggest, but I don't like it so much how it looks (yeah, I should perhaps focus more on functionality than on looks, but I can't help myself!  :-[). What about an intermediate option? Initially the results box is hidden, but once someting is typed (and a result is found) it is shown with a fixed height)... Please don't hesitate to tell me if you think that's silly  :-[

By the way, I like the text that is shown by default on your status bar! ;D

Cheers,

Amadawn

nontroppo:
By the way, I think that someone (nontroppo?) asked about how to change the Colibri settings. I could not find how either so I sent an email to the programmer.-Amadawn (January 23, 2006, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version