topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut for intellimouse "instant viewer"  (Read 6708 times)

rojer_31

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Keyboard shortcut for intellimouse "instant viewer"
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:12 AM »
I've googled all over the place and haven't been able to find a way to assign a alternate shortcut to trigger instant viewer (part of the microsoft mouse software). Even just ctrl+middle button is better than just middle button. It is quite an usable way to switch apps. So can someone find a method?

ps. I find it most curious that there is no mention even in the autohotkey forums.

rojer_31

AndyM

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Keyboard shortcut for intellimouse "instant viewer"
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 05:37 AM »
I don't know anything about instant viewer, but it sounds like there's already a hotkey.  So why not just make your own keyboard shortcut and have it send the original hotkey.

If you want to use the default instant viewer hotkey for something else, you can do that also.

rojer_31

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Keyboard shortcut for intellimouse "instant viewer"
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 11:43 AM »
The 'original hotkey' can only be one of the different mouse clicks. So if I make a keyboard shortcut, I will still have to set it up (with autohotkey) so that it will emulate the mouse click.

I however do like to have the middle button for other purposes.. So any ideas?