ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Bat!: two questions

(1/2) > >>

m_s:
Can anyone answer two Batty questions?

1) How do I get The Bat! to display sender's email addresses when I open received messages - attached screenshot show you what I get now...  I get this on one of my machines, but not on the other, and I just can't figure it out, though no doubt it's something extremely simple!
2) How can I get The Bat! to search through my address book and suggest names from it as I type in the To: box?  At the moment, I have to access the address book manually each time, and that is a bit of a drag.

Thanks!

Innuendo:
I can't help you with the second one at the moment, but the first one is easy. See that View pull-down menu in your screenshot? Select that...and go down to Message Header & you'll be able to select any/all of the message headers you'd like to display. This is universal throughout The Bat! wherever message headers can be displayed so you could have different headers appear in different areas.

f0dder:
The Bat uses my address book just fine - I type part of the name/email addy, then stop typing and after a small delay, it'll auto-suggest an entry.

m_s:
Thanks, Innuendo, that was what I thought would do it too, but as you can see from the attached image, I have the headings I need selected already, but it doesn't fix it...  And f0dder, yes, that's what I want it to do, but it doesn't work.  I expect this has something to do with the fact all my settings/addresses, etc. were imported from Outlook when I migrated...

jpfx:
could be that skin you're using that's stopping headers...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version