ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

USB Safely Remove for Free

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
Great find...signed up to get one. The only limitation I noticed on this free license is it is good for the current version (v4.1) only.
-Innuendo (August 20, 2009, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but if we're lucky and there's no big bugs then we're golden.  This is one of those things like Unlocker or LockHunter that's a must have in Windows. :)

wraith808:
I've been using it for a while, and I haven't found anything major.  The execute file part seems to be having something weird with relative paths, but I haven't really looked into it.

libeco:
I just tried it and decided it wasn't something for me. On my laptop with 3GB RAM I think a program that uses 15mb, while just sitting in the system tray is a little exaggerated. Also, when I used it for one of my external HD's I heard the drive make some strange noises... the kind of noises you don't want to hear your HD make.

SO for me it's just good old XP safely remove, perhaps four times and than just pull the USB-plug out.

MilesAhead:
Just tried it with my USB docking station.  It tells me Volume Tracking Information service has hold of it even though Restore Points are not enabled for that drive.  Also it's not in the Windows Search indexing.  Anyone know the trick to disable/enable volume tracking logging for a drive?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version