ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Bat: Fix all the wrapping issues...now!

<< < (5/6) > >>

Innuendo:
Nah, it's not that serious.  The Bat is still by far the best email program.  I'll deal with it.  but I do feel the whole Bat community is kind of out of touch...quirky at the very least.  I suppose it's typical of programs that offer a lot of power and customizations.-superboyac (August 25, 2009, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I found the same quirkiness with the ReGet Deluxe community with their usenet support forum. It must be an Eastern Europe phenomena.

rjbull:
Don't know if it helps yet, because I've only just spotted it.  My emphasis.

The Bat! 5.2
08/23/2012    New features

New filter action – "Clear all tags"
    Added profiles for re-filtering a folder
    Filter action to add/delete addresses to/from address book can now extract target addresses from message body with template
    It is now possible to quick-search folders in the folder selection dialogue
    Nickname/Handle from Address Book can be used in TO parameter of /MAIL switch in command line
    Nickname/Handle from Address Book is automatically expanded when used in address macros (TO, CC, ...) in templates
    Added folder set tabs in the folder selection dialogue
    Option to wrap text in "Plain text (Windows)" editor

Improvements

"Paste as plain text" option added to popup in the Edit Mail Message Form
    System folders (Inbox, Outbox, Trash, etc.) can have their own settings for templates, deletion etc.
    Now if files are dropped onto an Address History item, the editor uses the corresponding e-mail address as the destination
    Some visual fixes in "View Mode Setup"
    Empty lines are now correctly displayed in POP.log and SMTP.log
    Double clicking on a list column separator expands column to fit its contents
    When an account is created by selecting folder in MAIL folder, the account name and home directory are automatically filled
    Image content is used to determine real image type (for example, name has PNG extension but there is GIF image inside)

Fixes

View Mode option "Expand All Threads" cannot be ignored during changing threading or switching between View Modes anymore
    Temporary files are now deleted after auto-save in the message editor
    Deletion of common folders could sometimes give an Access Violation error
    Large folders are not opened slowly on Windows XP anymore
    Message create/receive time is correctly displayed without degrading folder loading performance
    Fixed a bug when only the first message was used for checking against filter condition when a filter was applied to several selected messages using Hotkey
    Text settings like Date/Time separator are now retrieved correctly from the system's registry if the text is one character long
    Message list cannot lose changes made by incoming filters anymore (setting color group in IMAP folder for incoming messages wasn't visible before refreshing folder)
    Fixed stack overflow when trying to parse malicious or malformed HTML with too many nesting tags
    (#0000014) Fixed problem with wrong timezone offset in new message header if "(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London" timezone is used in daylight saving time
    "Resend" message action now uses "Delivery type" option in "Account Properties" to send message immediately or put it in Outbox
    Fixed "-ERR Invalid command" response from POP3 server when opening message in Dispatcher
    Fixed an AV when trying to save attachment by drag-and-dropping it from message stored on HDD (anti-virus check enabled)
    Application does not freeze when doing mass mailing of big messages anymore
    Solved the problem that appeared when copying/moving several messages between folders of the same Gmail account
    File selection dialog does not hide current window – message editor or address book – anymore
    Fixed memory corruption if Message Finder was closed when searching was in progress
    Solved the problem when System Hotkey "Open MailTicker messages" did not bring opened message to front on Windows XP
    Fixed possible deadlock when updating counters for IMAP folder
    (#0000059) Fixed the problem with certain graphics that could not be accessed in tabs
    Solved possible access violations related to logging subsystem
    Fixed reported errors on some received S/MIME messages that were encrypted by weak keys
--- End quote ---

superboyac:
^^That's weird.  You already could wrap text in the windows editor.  What are they adding?

The issue is wrapping text in the microed editor.  Maybe they'll address it in the next 10 years if we're lucky.

Then, you say, why not just use the windows editor?  Well, because the other nifty formatting features don't work well.  For example, if i paste quoted text (has a ">" symbol at the beginning of the line) in Microed, the lines automatically turn purple (or whatever the color for quotes is).  That is very cool.  But if you do the same in the Windows editor, it doesn't automatically get colored.  The live styling changes only work well in microed.  In the windows editor, it only works in the beginning when you open the window, after that if you edit or change stuff, the auto-formatting doesn't work.

So it's a dilemma.  Do I want the coloring in Microed?  Or do I want no-headache wrapping?  Since the wrapping is a bigger headache, I usually use Windows editor.  but I get annoyed when the colors don't work.

dvally:
I empathize with you.

I stopped using TheBat! for the same reasons you mentioned, even though I am a licensed user.

I purchased Softmaker Office Pro and part of the suite is the "eM Client" which I have switched to using exclusively for email.

No email client is perfect, however I didn't want to deal with the frustration any longer. It was time to cut bait and run.

Just my opinion, I know many others mileage may vary...

DV

rjbull:
I stopped using TheBat! for the same reasons you mentioned, even though I am a licensed user. -dvally (September 09, 2012, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Lately it's been infuriatingly slow at picking up my e-mail, though I updated at the same time as installing a new router (don't think that should affect things).  I need to face up to checking my ISP's Web site in case it's their fault, but a brief trial of Opera's built-in e-mail client seemed to give much faster mail retrieval.

I purchased Softmaker Office Pro and part of the suite is the "eM Client" which I have switched to using exclusively for email.

No email client is perfect-dvally (September 09, 2012, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Er, does that mean that some things about eM Client are already irritating?  And it's just a case of which program irritates less?  I have Softmaker Office Home, without eM Client, and I've heard Thunderbird development may have ceased, so I'm interested in alternatives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version