ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Bat: Fix all the wrapping issues...now!

<< < (3/6) > >>

mouser:
Without auto-format, I can't go back and edit a paragraph and have it automatically reflow and rewrap. I'd have to use the Alt-L trick to fix the paragraph after I've finished editing it.
--- End quote ---

that's what i use.
it is a bit annoying i agree.  but it's just a minor annoyance for me.

superboyac:
Without auto-format, I can't go back and edit a paragraph and have it automatically reflow and rewrap. I'd have to use the Alt-L trick to fix the paragraph after I've finished editing it.
--- End quote ---

that's what i use.
it is a bit annoying i agree.  but it's just a minor annoyance for me.
-mouser (August 21, 2009, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
it bothers me more than it probably should because I expect a lot out of the Bat.  I agree that it's the best, most powerful client out there.  They just need to fix this.  Let's say I write 20 emails a day.  I have to use <enter> how many times?  Like 60?  So each time, i have to either go back and fix it, or turn it off and do a ctrl-l.

The other reason why it bothers me is that they don't fix version after version.  I sent a help ticket, so maybe something will happen.

mouser:
well i mean you really DO have a point --
they keep messing with features that probably get used by 1 out of 100 people, once per year.

where the editing of email text messages happens many times per day by every user -- so it's not so much to ask to get this right.

superboyac:
I've been very irritable lately...I used to be much more polite.  The past few months have done a number on me.  Girls, work, all those things that can get to a guy.

superboyac:
Want to know why i am frustrated?  I sent a help ticket to Ritlabs to inquire whether the auto-format thing was a bug or not.  And if not, could it be modified so that you don't have the line jumping back thing.  This is the response:

Hello,

I am sorry to say, but this is not a bug, it's a feature of MicroEd. Auto-Format works that way for years and we do not intend to change that...
--- End quote ---

First of all, it's just a strange response.  Most developers would be more than willing to change something like this.  But I am not asking them to change, just add a checkbox or something so we can have it both ways.  I've done this to you, mouser, plenty of times and you have always graciously added practical features to your programs.  Very seldom do you say the feature will not be implemented, unless there really is a good reason for it (and there is sometimes).  But this is not a good reason.  i think they are either being stubborn or out of touch.  i don't even think it would be that hard.  Again, it reminds me of their mailing lists and why they insist upon doing it that way.  Hardly a good reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version