topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:24 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Possible feature request  (Read 6982 times)

SleepingWolf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Possible feature request
« on: August 02, 2009, 12:56 PM »
There is a program/ feature suggestion at https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=19333.msg173519#msg173519 which I'm sure you'll be interested in, Mouser. To be honest the post is confusing to me at least but it enabled me to remember my suggestion which I posted there (and here -below- for good measure). I hope you don't mind. I'm sure the drag and drop thing would be really difficult but I suggest it as the idea could be beneficial.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

My feature suggestion for D&DR, which may exist for all I know, would be for the program to do a hidden "program.exe -?" or  "program.exe -help" or "program.exe --h" or various combinations in order to read the help instructions for the command-line program and then display this info and allow for drag and dropping of the various command line elements (in much the same way Word might allow you to drag and drop textboxes). Or a help file could be automatically read in order to scan the appropriate help-switch and other switches. Think of the possibilities.

-------------------------------------------

Question everything, use a fact-checker.
Respect yourself and respect others.
Peace out!