topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Xara Xtreme Special Version (XS) 4 Free On Gizmo's TecchSupportAlert.com  (Read 4834 times)

4FreeTeam

• Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi mouser and friends!

If you did not check Gizmo's site today ... There is a free promotion for a nice graphics tool.

Xara XS is a special edition of the Xara Xtreme series of graphics software titles, designed to meet all your drawing and day to day photo needs, ideal for both print and the web.

Xara XS is the perfect tool for:

• Creating personal and business graphics from simple logos and signs, though cards, invitations and stationery to more ambitious posters, flyers and brochures
• Drawings from simple cartoons to the most ambitious works of illustration
• Creating web graphics such as buttons, icons and navigation bars, with compact graphics and high onscreen quality
• Any work with your photos, including simple crop and rotate, red-eye fix or auto-enhance of the brightness and contrast. All the drawing and text tools can be used on photos too - which makes it child’s play to add captions or frames but means it’s possible to create impressive photo compositions suitable for anything from cards to posters.

Whatever graphics you need and whatever your skill level, the famously friendly user interface and unrivalled speed of Xara Xtreme will make it an absolute pleasure to be creative.

Xara XS is suitable for use with Windows 2000/Vista/XP

Promotion page here:

http://www.techsuppo...tor-totally-free.htm

Versions comparaison here:

http://www.techsuppo...-upgrade-details.htm

I personally like this app.

Regards!

Marc - 4 Free Team

Daleus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've been a big Xara fan, since it's inception.

I've used the CorelXara version for years now and it still is very serviceable.  I tried a newer version a couple of years ago and it too was a nice product, but the file format had changed, and while it could load my older files, they were then, not useable in my older version while the trial ran out.

So I am looking forward to trying this version to see how it stacks up.

Daleus, Curmudgeon-at-Large

BCHOWDHURY

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's a good application. Had earlier availed it through VNU. Upgrade is a bit expensive. It's normal Xara upgrade price. Gizmo could have arranged for a substantial discount on all Xara programs.

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 8)
it doesn't install on windows server 2008 64.
My god, how many problems (!). Many, many apps do not work at all. The installer just dies.
Anyone testing this on any win 64 platform? Just in case it's w64...

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's a good application. Had earlier availed it through VNU. Upgrade is a bit expensive. It's normal Xara upgrade price. Gizmo could have arranged for a substantial discount on all Xara programs.

Strikes me that the upgrade price for a first purchase (and free app if you don't want to pay at all) is a pretty generous discount. They are unlikely to offer a bigger discount than the upgrade price as existing customers would also use that offer rather than the normal upgrade system.