ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

ghacks examines tools to download Youtube videos

<< < (2/2)

deflected:
YousableTubeFix

For Firefox users i would recommend YousableTubeFix...
(Requires Firefox and Greasemonkey)

There also is a port for Opera: here
(I guess it should work with Chrome / Iron as well...)

Features
(You can enable/disable any of them if you want.)

* Download the video
* Resize the video
* Remove ads and any unwanted YouTube section
* Change the video format
* Automatically expand the video description
* Display all comments
* Prevent only video autoplay, or both video autoplay and autodownload
* Change the Flash Player Quality attribute
* Automatically bypass YouTube age verification page
* Autocheck for script updates
--- End quote ---

Paul Keith:
*sigh

What I wouldn't do for a script that bypasses the "this video is not available in your country" and auto-recovering of videos that were deleted but still exists. (I could swear I used to remember a site that collects deleted youtube videos.)

Age verification bypass is good only because sometimes I can't log in to Youtube with Opera but it's not good enough IMO.

Oh btw I use Clipnabber: http://clipnabber.com/

Ironically enough FLV Converter sounds good in theory but when I used it in the past via a ghack post too, it became more inconvenient than convenient to download entire youtube packages (like the abridged series) that I just didn't feel the necessity to bother with any program that requires installing offline.

40hz:
*sigh

What I wouldn't do for a script that bypasses the "this video is not available in your country"
-Paul Keith (August 22, 2009, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I mentioned this in a different thread.  ( https://www.donationcoder.com/Forum/bb/index.php?topic=12397.msg169813#msg169813 )

Last time I checked, it still worked.

You should be able to get around the country restriction. All you need to do is look at the YouTube URL in the address bar and replace the string: /watch?v= with this one: /v/

Example:

Original link - www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHbSMZKvqUk&feature=featured

Hacked link - http://www.youtube.com/v/WHbSMZKvqUk&feature=featured

Once the video is running, you can grab it with your choice of utilities. I usually use Download Helper or the combo FlashGot + Free Download Manager for the more problematic ones.

<<EDIT: jgpavia has noted this hack doesn't work any more. See his post below>>

jgpaiva:
40hz: just tried that on a youtube movie and apparently doesn't work either :(

40hz:
40hz: just tried that on a youtube movie and apparently doesn't work either :(
-jgpaiva (August 22, 2009, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear that. But it was a pretty popular hack, so I guess it was only a matter of time before YT found out about it. :(

Guess I'll have to do something else next time I spot "one of those" German music videos that always seem to have country restrictions on them. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version