ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Timeline Software

(1/3) > >>

Ampa:
I'd like to make the timeline of my entire life which would show me all the important blocks of time that make up my life thus far... eg Primary School, University, each and every job I've held, rehearsal periods for the plays I've directed etc.

I had a quick Google for suitable applications, and came up with many - almost all of which were online apps. They all look pretty similar to be honest, and, in common with many web-apps, most seem to be beta products, with closed source, and inaccessible data locked in proprietary file formats. None of which appeals!

Can anyone recommend a product?

joiwind:
There are some here : Timeline software

Hefty Hippie:
Ampa,

Timeline Studio

I'm not sure how many of your requirements this will meet but it's certainly worth a look.

This is not web-based although I'm told that there's a timeline hosting solution in the works.

Timeline project files are in a proprietary file format but there are import/export from/to Excel and export to Word.

Loads of features and generally pretty slick.

Sirlimpalot:
Ampa,

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I’m the Author of the Timeline Studio’s timeline software as mentioned by Hefty Hippie.
Although this was not our primary goal when we developed our software, it does make a pretty good job of the type of documentation you’ve described.
There is a example of Barack Obama’s lifeline on our website it might be worth a look and / or downloading the example file.
The file is much richer in terms of content than the web images. (You will also need the software as we do use proprietary file formats).

http://www.timelinestudio.co.uk

The main advantage of using our software for this type of task is that you can create a multi-layered timeline with different Views for the different aspects of your life, e.g., you can have a overall summary and then in-depth views of education, career, family, holidays etc

I hope this has been of help and not too much of a sale push.

mouser:
Welcome to the site Sirlimpalot (ha!)  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version