ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Default alias for nircmd

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
i guess first step is to see if ANY of the nircmd aliases work -- try screensaver start.
if not, then something else is wrong.

alias:
Ok, got it:  Screensaver didn't work, either, so I looked at the alias and it has the %Aliasdir% hardcoded into the path, so it has to be there, too - it won't find it on the System Environment variable path...

That's a little unfortunate, because the version that comes in the pack is very old and crashes under W7.  But it works fine after copying the new version into the FARR/.../nircmd directory.

Thanks!

mouser:
you could also manually edit the alias file, it's just a plaintext xml file -- and change the path to nircmd.

alias:
That makes more sense, and avoids a proliferation of exe's - thanks!

dpupello:
Mouser, okay I'm a loser, but how would you add a custom alias to myaliases.alias for the following nircmd.exe command with arguments?

nircmd.exe cdrom open d:

I tried the following, but no go:

OpenCD | %ALIASDIR%nircmd.exe cdrom d:
or
OpenCD | %ALIASDIR%nircmd.exe $$1 $$2

(Installed the Nircmd alias pack already and that is working fine with the included aliases).

What is the format or correct command here?  Thanks for feedback.

By the way, I figured out how to do this in an alternate way (with a shortcut utilizing those arguments), but I'd prefer to know how to add my own aliases inside of FARR (with either hard-coded arguments, or "replacement" arguments).  Thanx!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version