ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Can FARR be used to switch between open windows?

<< < (3/6) > >>

alias:
Oh well, it was worth a try, but Executor's "switch if open" feature fails often enough that it's not really useful.  It seems to be close, in the sense that it never opens a second instance if you've checked that option for that keyword (alias), but it usually fails to switch to that app, which I found strange, since it seems that the most difficult part is the part that works.

mouser:
fret not.
this is really going to be something that a plugin writer will be able to do for FARR, and enjoy coding.  it will be fun to make the first plugin that intercepts launch commands and takes them over, and it will be easy to make it so users can specify programs that should or should not be allowed to run multiple copies.

skajfes:
I've modified the FARRAltTAb plugin (to be exact - I just took the part where open windows are enumerated) and intercepted the Trigger command, that was the easy part. The logic of switching to open windows is already there from the FarrAltTab plugin, and if a window is not open, just let the execution proceed as normal.

I am not sure what to use as comparison for determining if a window is open or not. Window caption seems a bit too unreliable (although i'd have to test that, maybe it will be reliable enough). The other thing that came to mind was to check the exe file, but the path i get from FARR is the shortcut (.lnk file), and not the exe.

mouser:
i can add a function to farr that your plugin can call which will resolve a shortcut and return the exe name.
in fact i think i already did, let me look it up.

mouser:
yep, it's already there.

call
FARR.get_strvalue("resolvelnk:thepathtothelnkfile")
and farr will return the path to the exe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version