ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

DcUpdater Feature Requests

<< < (5/5)

Deozaan:
3. Better support for installing new programs

* DcUpdater can already install new programs that it knows about for you but perhaps this can be improved.
* Ability to be told about web pages where it can "discover" new programs available for installation.  This should make it possible for people to publish lists of installable tools that DcUpdater can check for updates on and install for you.-mouser (January 17, 2009, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had an idea that relates to this.

Maybe DcUpdater could have a hidden (or not hidden) package that it always checks for updates for. The package would contain a bunch of "not installed" .dcupdater files for official DC applications and coding snacks. This would be a great way to highlight new DC applications and new coding snacks easily through the DcUpdater progam.

In fact, it might be fun to be able to subscribe to a certain author's/site's applications. i.e. "Show New Coding Snacks" or "Follow Skwire's applications" or "Subscribe to Mouser's Applications." Though I suppose most of your applications are already included as "not installed" .dcupdate files.

And finally, just a reminder that I'm still waiting for my original requests to be implemented. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version